? ??????????????Let's Party? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (38 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 8564 Total Grabs. ???
???Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ?????Orange? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (15 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 2648 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Lightning Sun? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.1 (39 R CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, January 15, 2009

spice it up

When Richard Bird, CPA is being Travel Warrior January through March, I find projects.


Project #1: Paint the pantry door. (I hope the Travel Warrior approves. He is a little wary of my projects sometimes.)

The green was left over from when we painted the kitchen walls. The blue I bought as a "sample" can at Lowes. It's great for small projects because you can get the custom color in a half-pint.

The secret to my AMAZING straight lines. (Acrylic Gel Medium.) It is a little pricey but one jar lasts a long time (many projects).

First tape.

Then "paint" the AGM along the tape edge to make a seal.

Once the AGM is dry, paint your color as needed.


** Special note ** Peel tape off while paint is still wet for an edge good enough to please the OCD painter.
I love the way it looks. With the exception of the hideous doorknob... need to do something about that hardware...
Do you see the white wall around the pantry? Should I paint that green like the other wall and door? It might make the white door frame stand out...

7 comments:

Krista said...

oooh, you did it! I like it, but I do think you should paint the wall around the door. I need to get me some of that AGM, as I am the OCD painter.....

MKB said...

Richard is gone for 3 months or on and off during the next three months? If you get bored...which it looks like you won't let me know.

Oh and I really do like the door. And I think you should paint the white wall green also.

Sara said...

I like the door and yes I think you should paint the wall. If you paint the wall I think it will make everything blend more smoothly.

~The Dippold's said...

I also agree to paint around the door green. It will make the white moulding around the door pop but that is what moulding is all about. :)

~The Dippold's said...

http://day2daywithhollyj.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Love the door Jo. I am not sure if I like the idea of painting the wall, I don't like it white but alas I have no suggestions for you. Great idea with the door it has got me thinking about my door...I might see some chalkboard paint in my future.

Anne said...

I vote for painting the white wall. Makes me want to do something to mine!