? ??????????????Let's Party? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (38 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 8564 Total Grabs. ???
???Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ?????Orange? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (15 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 2648 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Lightning Sun? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.1 (39 R CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Homemade Gifts

The original pledge I first saw by NieNie was to buy only handmade gifts for Christmas. Holli took that idea one step further and committed to personally handcraft all birthday gifts for 2009. I was inspired. So - it's a great year to be related to JoJo because I've committed to making birthday gifts for all my family members this year. (And maybe in the years to come.)


I didn't get a picture of the first gift I made, for my father-in-law but I did remember to take one of my second gift. (But yuck- I make a terrible model!)

TA-DA! It is a homemade version of the infomercial "snugglie". A blanket with arms.
So you can drape it over you and still have your hands free for sipping, knitting, blogging and the like. My mother-in-law tends to be frequently chilly and so it was perfect for her. It was quite simple and you can find directions from many online sources.

4 comments:

Krista said...

This is awesome....and the picture, love it!

SarahAnne said...

Super great idea! Let me clarify....making gifts this year (so gonna do that!) and the blanket-thingy. I've always thought about purchasing one of those b/c I'm always cold, so maybe I'll make one for my birthday! LOL

Sara said...

Way crafty. I love that you were able to make that. I to have decided that I want to make at least one gift for b'days and the like. For Audrey's birthday I plan to make a wooden doll with felt clothes to put on her. I hope that it will keep her busy for all the car trips her dad has planned!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

That's such a glam picture of you Jo. I love it. And I love my snugglie; it is perfect for me and so thoughtful of you.