? ??????????????Let's Party? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (38 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 8564 Total Grabs. ???
???Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ?????Orange? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (15 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 2648 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Lightning Sun? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.1 (39 R CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, November 7, 2008

Apple Chips

Here is a yummy and easy fall treat. I did these with the preschool kids and they loved it. Cameron didn't actually like the end product, but I did!



  • Preheat oven to 200 degrees

  • Line cookie sheets with Parchment paper.
(Brilliant side note: I didn't have parchment paper so I consulted the internet and found this idea. Cut part of a paper sack and spray it down with cooking spray. Let it sit for a few minutes and it works great. Don't try to do this without some kind of paper, I made that mistake for you.)

In a bowl mix 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. You can add nutmeg and ground cloves if you have them. (I didn't.)


  • I used my handy vegetable/fruit slicer to slice the apples very thin. If you don't have one, cut the apples in half and slice them in half-moon shapes. (The thinner the better.)

  • Dip them in the sugar/cinnamon bowl and lay them on the cookie sheets.

  • Cook for 1 1/2 hours and then turn and cook for another 1 1/2 hours. If they aren't crispy enough, turn off the oven and leave them inside overnight or for a few more hours.

  • To prevent them from sticking to the paper, loosen them with a spatula as soon as they are done baking.

These are my modified instructions from this recipe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been wanting to try drying apples. Now I can. They look yummy. I bet they made the house smell yummy.

Anne said...

hmmmm. I have some apples out in the garage that I have been meaning to do something with...

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I have a food dryer that you are welcome to use any time if you decide you want to do it in bulk:)