? ??????????????Let's Party? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (38 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 8564 Total Grabs. ???
???Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ?????Orange? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (15 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 2648 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Lightning Sun? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.1 (39 R CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cheesecloth Ghost

The other day in exchange for watching her little girl a friend bought me the stuff to make a cheesecloth ghost. So thoughtful. It took me a few days to get around to it but here it is.

The cheesecloth cut into strips.
My "form". TIP: These arms were WAY too long. I cut them halfway through, and I still think they were too long.
The instructions said to cover it with plastic wrap. Since I am currently out of plastic wrap, I had to improvise. Yay for saving winco produce bags.
Then I put the strips into a ziploc with all the fabric stiffener and mixed it all up.
Draped the strips over the form...

And almost 24 hours later it is almost dry! One more tip: take the time to make the form just the right shape. I wasn't totally thrilled with mine. He doesn't really have a neck, but as I type this I am realizing that most ghosts don't have necks... so I guess he is just fine. Thank you Laura, I think I got this idea from you.

4 comments:

Krista said...

It turned out really cute. I can't wait to hear how you store him until next year :)

Brit said...

Love him! I want to make him but don't know it will happen this year. I do want to make the previous candles in a mason jar and figure I can squeeze that project out!

Wendy said...

So cute! I love how it turned out.

Unknown said...

He did turn out cute. I like that you could hang him on a porch or put him on a table. What did you use for stiffener? Maybe you mentioned it but I didn't catch it.